Bringing the Capabilities of a Fully Equipped Machine Shop to Your Site
Dismantling of process equipment is sometimes impossible and often uneconomical. Enter field machining. Repair takes place on a piece of equipment without the need to strip it out and move it to a repair facility. This can lead to great time and cost savings. The repair workshop is taken to the client rather than the other way around.
TEAM’s field machining services enable cost-effective modification and repair of a variety of parts and equipment on site and in-place 24-hours a day. Ideal for new construction projects, modifications, planned shutdowns and emergency repairs, our comprehensive equipment has the capacity to mill, bore, trepan, drill or carry out any other machining activity normally associated with a machining workshop.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to field machining. Our highly-trained team is dedicated to formulating a repair procedure that minimizes downtime and ensures quality repair.
Learn More About Our Field Machining Services
TEAM Field Machining Capabilities
- Pipe Cutting and Beveling
- Flange Facing
- Line Boring
- Special Applications (SLM)
- Journal Turning
- Drilling and Tapping
- Grinding Application
- Laser Survey
TEAM Field Machining Advantages
- Offer precise, turnkey services with minimum dismantling required
- Provide compact tools for tight, cramped locations
- Enable simultaneous jobs with multiple tools and sizes
- Save time, reduces costs compared to offsite services
- Conduct work in remote locations
- Improve repair accuracy and efficiency with our laser and optical measurement systems
- Utilize stocked mobile shops with advanced machines for fast, efficient cutting, beveling and lathing
- Fully-Certified Techs
TEAM’s field machining technicians are put through a rigorous, method specific, multi-level certification and training process resulting in the industry’s most knowledgeable and experienced team.
- Integrated Solutions
TEAM responds to our clients’ needs for increased asset management efficiency and reliability by providing higher value solutions with integrated services, covering projects from inception to completion. This allows for time and cost saving opportunities to be identified from reduced man hours and increased time on tools throughout the project.
- Digital Solutions
Our digital platform turns slow paper-driven processes into streamlined, fully-automated and fully transparent operations. This results in less re-work, more time-on-tools and less manual data entry for improved efficiencies.
Field Machining Equipment
TEAM carries one of the largest in-stock supplies of field machining equipment in the world. Additionally, we custom design and fabricate specialty equipment to handle a number of challenges. All machines are pneumatically and hydraulically powered for use in plant environments where intrinsically safe operations are mandatory.
- Bore Mounted Weld Prep Machines
Bore Mounted Weld Prep Machines
- Bore mounting machines, bore size range: 13mm –360mm (0.5” –14.0”)
- Bore mounting machines, bore size: 101mm –2438mm (4” –120”)
- Outside Mounting Pipe Cutting and Prepping Machines
Outside Mounting Pipe Cutting and Prepping Machines
- Mounted on nominal bore pipe work: 150mm –2800mm (6”nb –110”nb)
- Flange-Facing Machines
- Machine externally mounted: 0mm bore –915mm O/D (0” –120”)
- Machine bore mounted: 28mm bore –3500mm O/D (1.1” bore –120”)
- Self-Leveling Machines
TEAM’s self-leveling machine service specializes in the machining of large circular or irregular-shaped surfaces on structural components.
- Diameters up to 150 ft and areas of more than 17,000 sq. ft.
- Low Profile Circular Self Leveling (LP-CSLM)
- Circular Self Leveling Mill (CSLM)
- Extra Large Circular Self Leveling Mill (XL-CSLM)
- CNC Laser Leveling Machine (LLM)
- Linear Self Leveling Mill (LSLM)
- Journal-Turning Machines
TEAM range of journal turning machine capacities:
- End shaft mounted, 75mm to 1220mm (3” to 48”)
- Mid-shaft mounted, up to 560mm (22”)
- Limitations on what can be machined are not size but access and available mounting places
- Milling Machines
- Lengths up to 3.65m (12 feet) with cutters up to 254mm (10 inches)
- Up to –‘x’ axis 203mm (8”), ‘y’ axis 50.8mm (2”), cutter to suit size of keyway to be cut
Surface finishes achievable with milling machines
- 1.6mm Ra to 6.3mm Ra (63 CLA to 250 CLA)
- Key mill –size + 0.012mm (0.0005”) all axis
- Milling rails –‘x’ size + 0.025mm (0.001”), ‘z’ size + 0.012mm (0.0005”)
- 3D and 4D mills –‘x’ size + 0.025mm (0.001”), ‘y’ and ‘z’ sizes + 0.012mm (0.0005”)
Grinding of generator collector rings, shafts and rolls
- OD diameters: 25mm –2500mm (1”–216”)
- 200mm X 25mm (8” X 1”) wheel diameter
- 1 horse power
- 100mm x 609mm (4” X24”) belt grinder
- 3 horse power
Finishes and tolerances achievable
- Collector grinding to .4mm to .8mm Ra (16 CLA to 232 CLA)
- Shaft and Roll grinding to 1.6mm –3.2mm (63 CLA to 125 CLA)