Last Updated: November 1, 2018
Acknowledgement and Acceptance
Information We Collect
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Site, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, device recognition technologies, and other tracking technologies ("Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Site. Brief descriptions of common Tracking Technologies are provided below.
- Cookies : A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Site and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Site, and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a
resultsome features and functionalities of the Site may not work.
- Flash Cookies: A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your device and adjust your settings, please click here. The Site may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your device(s).
- Web Beacons ("Tracking Pixels”): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as "
internettags” or "clear gifs,” embedded in web pages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server, or from a third party with which we work, and is active only while you are connected to the Site, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- If you provide personal information via the Site’s Careers portal, such as your name, email, employment and educational history, and other personal information you wish to include in a job application, you may be required to register an account with CornerstoneOnDemand, Inc. ("Cornerstone”), the third party that manages and facilitates the Site’s online job application submissions. Cornerstone may allow you to apply for a Team job via other third parties, such as LinkedIn.
- You may provide personal information when submitting customer surveys such as the IHT Manufacturing & Equipment Center Survey, Extruded Tee Field Installation Survey, Mechanical Services Equipment Centers Survey, Field Services Survey, Internal Support Services Survey, Mechanical Services Engineering Support Survey, and Mechanical Services Manufacturing Support Survey. These customer surveys are powered and facilitated by a third party, SurveyMonkey, which may collect personal information from you including your name, email, phone number, project or order number, location, and any personal information
you may provide in open field
- You may provide personal information, such as name, email, and payment card information, when purchasing tickets to TEAM events or when purchasing access to training classes via TEAM’s Technical School. Such purchases are powered by a third party, Eventbrite.
- The Site may have employee-specific areas, meant exclusively for TEAM employees, operated by third parties. For example, TEAM employees may access TEAM Employee Training Classes, powered by a third party (Coastal Training Technologies), by logging in with a Training ID and a password. TEAM employees may also log into MyTest, managed by a third party, to take employment-related tests.
- The Site may include certain pages that are tailored to TEAM investor’s specific interests. To access these areas, including features such as webcasts, investors may be required to provide personal information such as name, email, and company affiliation. Webcasts on the investor-specific pages are powered and facilitated by a third party, West LLC d/b/a Digital Communications Services.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information if we believe that such disclosure is necessary:
- to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or court orders served on us;
- to protect the rights, property, life, health, security, or safety of Team, the Site or its users, or any third party; or
- to respond to requests by government agencies, including law enforcement authorities.
Links to Third-Party Sites
This Site may contain links to other websites or services that are not controlled by TEAM; these links are provided for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for any third party’s data collection or privacy practices, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies or notices posted on those third-party websites for further information.
Social Features, Advertising, and Analytics
Certain functionalities on the Site permit interactions that you initiate between the Site and third-party services, such as social networks ("Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include features enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Site and a third-party service; "liking” or "sharing” our content; and features that otherwise connect the Site to a third-party service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Site). This also includes sharing job openings via social networks (e.g., LinkedIn) or email, sharing Site videos via Youtube or map locations via Google
If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services,
Additionally, you may have the option to send an email communication to a friend or other contact via the Site. When using this feature, you represent to TEAM that you have the permission of the recipient to provide us their personal information. We will use the recipient’s personal information you provide (e.g., name, email address) to facilitate the communication. Your contact information and
We may engage and work with service providers and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Site and/or on third-party services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interest based on your browsing of the Site and elsewhere on the internet, sometimes referred to as "interest-based advertising” and "online behavioral advertising,” which may include sending you an ad on a third party service after you have left the Site (i.e., "retargeting”).
Unsubscribing From Promotional Emails
You may opt out of receiving promotional email communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails. You also may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails.
Opting Out of Tracking Technologies, Analytics, and Interest-Based Advertising
Regular cookies generally may be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies ( also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, visit Adobe's website. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Site may not work and that when you revisit the Site your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a "Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, this Site is not designed to respond to "Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about "Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
This Site is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their "personal information” (as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties or affiliates for those third parties’ or affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Californians may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at email@example.com or by postal mail sent to 13131 Dairy Ashford, Ste. 600, Sugar Land, Texas 77478 (Attention: Legal Counsel). Your inquiry must specify "California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per California resident each year.
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that TEAM is based in the U.S. and the information we collect will be transferred to, processed, and stored on our servers in the United States. The data protection laws and regulations applicable to your personal data transferred to the United States may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
If you are visiting the Site from the European Union, please refer to our EU Privacy Statement for information on how we process EU personal data.